Monday, April 7, 2014

                                                                  SLOG: week 12

Here we are. This is the end of the term. Here, I want to share with all my experience during taking this course. To begin with this course is called an Introduction to Computer Science(CSC148). As it's named, it is purely the course of Computer Science, that let the student to see and experience some real introductive stuff  of this "field" and get some basic knowledge for the other or higher  CS courses. When you take CSC108- Programming language(Python), you learn first steps of coding and have some understanding about your code and the language. However, on CSC148 you develop that learning and more sense about real programming. I would agree for some students and also for me, it'd been hard to solve the problem right away and had found themselves more frustrated and nervous. Despite the problems I faced, I always tried to find the way to solve them whether is piazza, office hours, or googling :)  But what I understood for myself, this course was not really about just coding, it's more about complexity, coherence and efficiency. Let me explain what I really mean by complexity, coherence and efficiency. Before this course, I would take my computer and then start to code right away like "no needs to think on paper". But when I came to CSC148, it  just didn't work for me in that way.  Everything was attached complexly and cohesively. You would first think about more efficient way of writing any work on paper. If it there would be many classes, you might need to use Inheritance wisely in order to not have repeated codes or chunks in your work. So thinking about efficiency, brings you to make a cohesive design of your codes, choosing proper names for your methods or functions, giving a good description to them, as if somebody will be reading your code. And I must admit that everything comes with practice as like "no pain, no gain". At last, I really liked this journey to paramount of Computer Science, and I hope everyone feels the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment